Anthropological Film Festival - November 2019
Our 8th Anthropological Film Festival at the Jerusalem Cinematheque is on its way (26 - 28 November 2019) and we are now open for entries
Submission will close on June 30th, 2019
The Festival selects films that document and explore human societies and cultures in their many facets, such as, social and cultural diversity, continuity and change, cultural transmission, dialogue between cultures, relationship to the environment….
We welcome submissions of documentary films made by professional filmmakers, anthropologists and students.
We welcome all varieties and styles of filmmaking, without restriction to theme.
The Festival is a joint project of the Jerusalem Cinematheque - Israel Film Archive and the Dept. of Sociology and Anthropology, The Hebrew University Jerusalem.
1. We accept films from 2018/19
2. Screeners must be submitted via vimeo private link to: email@example.com. The link should be made available until the end of November 2019.
3. Works must be subtitled into English
4. Films must be at least 45 minutes long.
5. Works previously submitted to the Anthropological Film Festival cannot be resubmitted.
The list of the selected films will be available on our website homepage in early November 2019.
I will be happy to answer any enquiries you may have.
With warm wishes from Jerusalem,
Prof. Tamar Elor,Anthropologist, Festival Director for The Hebrew University, Jerusalem
Nurit Kedar, Artistic Director Anthropological Film Festival, Jerusalem